This is another recipe I found in the French Metro Newspaper.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon margarine or vegetable oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (I used yogurt)
- 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Walnuts or pecans (it was an optional topping in the recipe and I did not use)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the vegetable oil (or margarine) and work it into the mixture until crumbly.
3. In another bowl, mix together the yogurt (or sour cream), 1/2 of sugar, egg and milk. Mix into the dry ingredients until just homogenous.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and the rest of the sugar (and nuts, if using).
5. Split half the batter across 12 muffin moulds. Sprinkle half the cinnamon mixture over the muffins. Cover with rest of batter and then rest of sugar.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 min or until done (mine needed about 15 min).
Verdict: These muffins were a major hit at work. I had also previously given this recipe to a co-worker of mine and she told me that now whenever she makes muffins her husband asks if it will be the cinnamon ones. I love the cinnamon that runs through the middle of these muffins.