I found this recipe online somewhere, I think. I just can’t seem to find the page anymore. It originally had a chocolate sauce recipe that we didn’t make.
- 3 cups ice cream
- 175g unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Line a 17×11 inch pan with foil. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a pot over boiling water, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. In a small bowl whisk together flour and salt (if using).
4. In a large bowl, mix together eggs and vanilla.
5. Mix a small amount of the egg mixture into the melted chocolate. Add the melted chocolate into the rest of the egg mixture. Mix in flour. Pour into prepared pan and bake 15 min until done. Remove and let cool completely.
6. Cut the brownie into pieces. Spread some ice cream onto the bottom of one piece and sandwich with another. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Repeat with all remaining brownies.
Verdict: These worked as brownies, but not so much as ice cream sandwiches. They were really good brownies! But even completely cool, the brownies still melted the ice cream so they came out of the freezer all on one side of the brownie.