I got this recipe from Kraft.
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 450g of chicken, cut into small pieces (we used breast instead of thighs)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (didn’t use, because I don’t like mushrooms)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 2 2/3 cup cooked rice
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 1 min. Add chicken and cook until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. (I think we were supposed to remove the chicken and onion here, but we kept them in as we kept going with the recipe.)
2. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing, soy sauce and vegetables to the skillet. Cook 4-5 min, stirring frequently.
3. (Here you return the chicken to the skillet if you removed it). Add in nuts. Serve over rice.
Verdict: I am not sure why, but we didn’t really like this recipe. It has everything in it that we would normally like, but something about the flavours didn’t work right. Or maybe because we left the chicken in the skillet when we weren’t supposed to somehow messed up how the vegetables cooked.