I found this recipe online, though I can’t be sure of which site anymore. Recently, I saw it on this site.
- 8 ounces spaghetti (we use fettuccine)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (we used 1 clove garlic)
- 2 anchovies, minced (we did not use)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (we used ground black pepper)
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can of tuna
- 2 tablespoons basil
1. Cook pasta as per package directions.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium0-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 min. Add anchovies (if using) and pepper and cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes (here is said to reduce heat and let cook 8 min, but we brought it to a boil until after we added the tuna.) Add tuna (we also added the basil instead of leaving it as a garnish like in the original recipe) and cook 2 more min. Serve over pasta.
Verdict: I liked this recipe. I think that the tuna worked well with the pasta and the tomatoes. It also worked well with the Parmesan cheese I sprinkled on top of the dish.