I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces Almond Paste (we couldn’t find this at our store, so we used marzipan, which is supposed to be similar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (we only used 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add almond paste in pieces, until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Add to wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips and almonds.
4. Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 min. (Ours needed a little less than 10. We made 5 dozen.)
Verdict: These had a nice taste to them, but were a little too crispy.