I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper. This is the third time I’ve made this recipe, because the first two didn’t really turn out all that well. The first time I used the Skor chocolate bar indicated in the recipe, but found out that I am not particularly fond of toffee. The second time I substituted a different chocolate bar but felt that it didn’t have the right taste either (the Kit Kats I used got too mushy). This time I thought I would try it with no added chocolate bars.
- 1 1/4 cup of Graham crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding (and whatever is necessary to prepare it)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 4 Skor chocolate bars, broken into pieces (didn’t use this time)
1. Mix together the Graham crumbs and butter. Press into a pie plate or round cake mould.
2. Pour the caramel sauce onto the crust and spread evenly.
3. Prepare pudding as directed. Mix together the whipped cream, pudding and chocolate bar pieces (if using), setting 2 tablespoons of the pieces aside. Spread whipped cream mixture over caramel.
4. Refrigerate at least 6 hours (I left mine overnight). Remove 10 min before serving.
Verdict: The third time making this recipe was not the charm. I liked it well enough, just compared to the other two cakes similar to this that I’ve already made, it ranked as third best. Maybe because if I had to choose I always go for chocolate over vanilla flavours.