These were two similar recipes that I decided to try at the same time. We made the batter of one, then split it and used it to make 2 different types of cookies. I found them both on the same blog. The main batter is from this recipe and the second idea we used is from this recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups cubed prepared brownies (we used 2 bags of the tw0-bite brownies they sell in stores, one for each version of the recipe we were trying)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt (if using) in a medium bowl. Add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
4. At this point, we first made the “stuffed cookies”, taking the 17 brownies in one of the bags and covering it with batter. These took about 12 min to bake. When we were finished with one bag of the brownies, we took the second bag, cut each brownie into four pieces and mixed it into the remaining batter. These cookies took 7-8 min to bake and we made about 4 more dozen.
Verdict: They were both very good, very moist, even a couple of days later. If I had to chose one I would say that I liked the “stuffed” cookies better. Chocolate chip cookies and brownies together, you can’t go wrong! Although, I found it weird that they didn’t really taste like tiger brownies, which here are pretty much the same thing. Tiger brownies has a mix of chocolate chip and brownie pieces on a coconut base.