I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 900g beef cubes
- 1 bay leaf (didn’t use)
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 piece of celery, sliced (we used a carrot instead)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced (we did not use this much, only a quarter of a large onion)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, paprika and pepper.
2. Roll the beef in the flour mixture to cover.
3. Place them, along with all other ingredients, in a slow cooker.
4. Cook on high for 4-6 hours (ours was ready in 5).
Verdict: One whole garlic bulb was probably a little much as the stew had a really strong garlic taste. I was disappointed not to really taste the soy sauce. Overall, I liked it but have had better beef stews.