This is another recipe I found in the French Metro Newspaper.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon rum
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and icing sugar.
2. Add oil, rum and egg yolks.
3. Add milk, stirring until homogenous.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
5. Bake waffle according to waffle iron instructions.
Verdict: This probably would make 12 normal sized waffles. I made my first batch too small, so the last batch was small, so I ended up with 14 (10 normal sized ones and 4 small ones). My sister and I disagreed on the taste: I thought they tasted too egg-y, she thought they had no taste. There was no rum taste at all and you couldn’t even tell that sugar had been added.