I am pretty sure that I found this recipe online, though I can’t remember from which site.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, optional (I didn’t have any left, so I didn’t use)
- Splash of vanilla (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1 large coffee mug
1. In the coffee mug (or a small bowl) mix together all the dry ingredients. Add egg and mix.
2. Add the milk and the oil and mix.
3. Add the vanilla and the chocolate chips (if using) and mix.
4. Put mug in microwave (or transfer batter from bowl to mug) and microwave for 3 min. (Mine rose, like the recipe said, but I think my microwave was too high, because when I came back to it after the three minutes it had fallen and was a little burnt.)
Verdict: This was a really simple and really quick chocolate cake recipe. I think the quality of my cake suffered a little for being burnt, but was overall a really nice tasting cake.