This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
- 4 chicken legs, cut in half (we used 4 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (we used sour cream)
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Brown chicken. Transfer to a plate.
3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet. Add onion and cook until tender, 2 min. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 min. Add paprika and flour and stir for 1 min, until it starts to stick.
4. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Add tomatoes and bring to boil.
5. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 20 min.
6. Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed. Drain and serve.
7. Stir sour cream into the sauce and spoon over noodles.
Verdict: The sauce tasted nice, but was a little too watery to really be considered a sauce.