This is a Kraft recipe.
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (we didn’t really cut ours into small pieces, but left them at the medium-sized halves that they were when we bought them)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa (we used a mild one)
- 1 1/2 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Cheez Whiz
1. Combine chicken, water and salsa in a large skillet. Bring to boil. Simmer and poach the chicken 10 min (we turned them a couple of times) until chicken is cooked through.
2. Stir in rice and bring water back to boil. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min.
3. Stir in Cheez Whiz until melted and well blended.
Verdict: This sounds like a weird recipe, but my aunt makes a similar one as part of Thanksgiving/Christmas meals (cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, broccoli and Cheez Whiz mixed together and baked for a bit), so I was willing to try it. I was afraid the salsa and the Cheez Whiz wouldn’t really work together, but I found that they gave the dish a nice taste to it.