I found this recipe online, but I am not sure where anymore.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 1 3lb broiler-fried chicken, cut up (we used 3 lbs of regular, uncooked chicken breast)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken and toss to coat.
3. Beat the egg and water in a separate bowl.
4. Mix the cheese and crushed cornflakes in another shallow dish.
5. Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat in cornflake mixture. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
6. Bake 1 hour (because we had cut our chicken up into small pieces, they only needed 20 min to cook).
Verdict: These were good. I don’t think the cheese was evenly distributed over all pieces, because I couldn’t taste the Parmesan on all the pieces I ate. We also needed to double the amount of cornflakes and Parmesan that were used, because it wasn’t enough for the amount of chicken we used. Though I did like the dish, I have had better so I will keeping searching for a similar type of recipe I like more.