This is a Pillsbury recipe.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional – we didn’t use)
- 1 17.3 ounce can of Pillsbury Grand refrigerated flaky biscuits (all we had here are dinner rolls, which come 5 to a container instead of 8 like the biscuits)
- 1 21 ounce can of apple, cherry or blueberry pie filling (we used blueberry, like the title says)
- 1 cup whipped cream (this is additional topping and we didn’t use)
- Cinnamon sugar (an additional topping that we didn’t use)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts (if using).
3. Separate the dough into the 8 biscuits (in our case the 5 dinner rolls) and split each in half to make 16 (in our case 10). Press each into ungreased muffins cups (we used large size, I think that was what we were supposed to use). Spoon 2 tablespoons of pie filling into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the crumble mixture.
4. Bake for 15 to 22 min. Cool 10 min before removing from muffin cups.
5. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar, if desired.
Verdict: These were very good. I loved the crumble top. I am just not sure the dinner rolls made the best crust for a pie. But still, they were very tasty.