I found this recipe on Yahoo! But the link I had doesn’t seem to be working anymore.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 8 ounce can of pizza sauce (we only used the 2 tablespoons that you put in the burger mix and didn’t use any of the rest for the buns)
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil or oregano (we used oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 6 hamburger buns (we made sliders instead of burgers, so we had a dozen mini buns)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (we used cheddar instead)
1. Combine eggs, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce, oregano (or basil), salt and pepper. Add ground beef and pepperoni. Mix well. Shape into patties of desired size.
2. Grill burgers (as it is winter, we cooked ours in a frying pan on the stove) 14 to 18 min, turning halfway through (ours needed about 5 – 6 min on each side).
3. (If desired, heat the remaining pizza sauce in a saucepan and spread on the bottom of the burger buns. Place burgers over sauce then spoon some more sauce on top and top with cheese.) We just melted some cheese over our burgers.
Verdict: These were good. The pepperoni added an interesting taste to the burger. I thought the burger was saucy enough as it was.