I got this recipe from the French metro newspaper.
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 250g semi sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- Cocoa powder for dusting (probably a couple of tablespoons worth, I forgot to measure how much I used)
1. Heat cream and ginger in a double boiler.
2. Add chocolate and stir until melted.
3. Add butter and stir until melted.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (ours needed longer to get to a consistency where it could be shaped. After 2 hours it was still pretty liquidy, so it was put back into the fridge while we went out. When we came back hours later, it was good to go).
5. Shape into small balls and place into freezer for 15 min.
6. Roll in cocoa powder. Keep stored in fridge.
Verdict: These were nice and chocolaty, but I didn’t really taste the ginger. We made 31 of pretty varied sizes.