I am pretty sure I found this recipe in the French Metro newspaper.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a big bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
3. In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, eggs, lemon zest, orange juice and vegetable oil.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, but don’t over mix.
5. Add the blueberries and mix gently.
6. Pour into muffins cups (makes 12 regular or 24 shamrock shaped muffins).
7. Bake 25 min (ours needed a little less than 20 because they were smaller).
Verdict: These were very good. Very different from any blueberry muffin I’ve had before because the lemon flavour really comes through, but that just made them better.