I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup berries, frozen or fresh (we used a frozen mix of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. There may also have been blackberries, I am not sure)
- 1/4 cup flour
1. Heat waffle iron as directed. Lightly grease grids.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt (if using). Make a well in the centre.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, milk, sour cream and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients, making sure to not over mix.
4. In a small bowl, mix the berries with the 1/4 cup of flour. Gently fold berries into batter.
5. Spoon 1/4 cup into waffle irons and cook as directed. (This recipe should have given us 12, but I made 10 waffles).
Verdict: Other than the berries, there was very little taste to this waffle recipe.