I am pretty sure I found this recipe on another online food blog, but I can’t remember which one.
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour (we just used 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we didn’t use as we use salted butter)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 very rip bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted (ours was semi-salted rather than the unsalted suggested in the original)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, (if using) and 1/4 cup of the sugar.
3. In another medium bowl, mix tother mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla.
4. In a large bowl, mix together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time.
5. Beat in half of the flour mixture, then one-third of the mashed banana mixture, half of the remaining flour, another one-third of the bananas, the remaining flour and then the remaining banana mixture. Do not overmix.
6. Scrape batter into pan and top with blueberries. Bake 55 min (ours needed 45).
Verdict: The banana bread was really good, really moist. I don’t think the blueberry taste along with the banana bread taste worked well together. If I made this again, I wouldn’t add the blueberries.