I found this recipe online somewhere, but I’m not sure where.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package of salted corn tortilla chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 12 chicken wings (we made 20)
- 1 cup salsa for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and brush foil with olive oil.
2. In a food processor, pulse chips until finely ground. Transfer to shallow dish.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with paprika, salt and pepper.
4. In batches, dip wings in eggs. Transfer to the ground chip dish and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheets.
5. Bake 45-45 min, switching pans from top to bottom shelf mid way through. Serve with salsa if desired.
Verdict: I didn’t really like these. There wasn’t anything wrong with them (maybe I didn’t pulse the chips finely enough) but they just didn’t taste the way I like my chicken wings to taste. They weren’t moist enough (I didn’t serve with salsa, though I don’t know if that would have helped).