I found this recipe online, but I don’t know on which page, originally.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved a thinly sliced (we used more of a small onion)
- 10 ounces of frozen petite peas (I don’t think our were petite)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound uncooked Farfalle noodles
- 2 ounces prosciutto, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley (didn’t use)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a large pan over medium heat, heat up the olive oil. Add onion and sauté until soft and caramelized, about 15 min. Add peas, water and season to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring often until peas have thawed, about 5 min. Stir in prosciutto and parsley (if using).
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed on the package.
3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add butter and toss until it melts. Add the pea and prosciutto and toss again. (Here is said to divide into bowls and top with cheese, we just added it to the pot and tossed again until it melted too.)
Verdict: I really enjoyed this dish. Though it is a pretty rare pasta dish that I dislike. The prosciutto worked really nicely here and wasn’t as salty as I thought it would be. I liked having the cheese melted and mixed with everything.