I found this recipe online.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a medium saucepan, bring apple juice and lemon juice to boiling. Reduce heat.
2. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 min or until reduced by half.
3. Stir in blueberries, lemon zest and cinnamon. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, oil, egg yolks and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Whisk into flour mixture; do not overmix.
3. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
4. Make waffles as per instructions on your waffle maker.
Verdict: I found these waffles very grainy. My sister found them bland. The compote was delicious. It had a nice subtle lemon taste and was the best part of the dish.