This is a Kraft recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bacon, crumbled
- 4 eggs, separated
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 1 min. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in mustard and bacon. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese-egg mixture. Pour into 12 lightly greased muffins cups (we made 6 large ones).
4. Bake 25 min until puffed and set (ours deflated as soon as they came out of the oven).
Verdict: Even though I probably used more cheese than the original recipe, these had no taste at all. They were pretty disappointing.