This is a Pillsbury recipe.
- 1 can of Crescent Dinner rolls
- 1 9 ounce box of Frozen Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs (we don’t have this where I live, but we found a similar product: microwavable Garlic and Parsley potatoes, though they weren’t frozen
- 4 eggs (because we made ours in a traditional pizza shape, instead of the square as recommended with raised edges, 4 eggs was probably too much. There was too much liquid on top of the pizza)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (we didn’t use because the potatoes we had already had parsley)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 13×9 inch cooking pan (or pizza sheet). Unroll the dough and press into prepared pan, pressing perforations to seal. Bake for 5 min.
2. Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package. Cut any large potatoes into smaller pieces.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of the cheese and potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon potato mixture onto crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley (if using).
5. Bake 20-25 more minutes, until edges are golden and egg has set (ours needed 30).
Verdict: This really did taste like breakfast in a pizza form. You have the bread (crescent rolls), eggs, bacon and home fries. I didn’t think the tastes would work together, but I guess it make sense that they do.