I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omitted because we use salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 2/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt (if using) and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients. Stir in oats, raisins and walnuts.
4. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets (we made about 20 large cookies). Bake 10-12 min.
Verdict: These were very tasty cookies. They had a nice mix of crunchy on the edges, but with a moist centre. I would probably have added more cinnamon, as I thought the taste got lost with the raisins and walnuts.