I found this recipe in a WeightWatcher’s magazine.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil (we used 1)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Cooking spray (we used 1 egg for an egg wash instead)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until coarse mixture forms. Stir in Parmesan cheese and basil. Add in buttermilk and stir until just moist.
3. Spoon out 8 mounds of dough onto a baking sheet. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray (or brush with an egg wash) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
Verdict: This is going to sound strange, because it is right there in the title, but these had too much basil in them. And we used half of what was supposed to be there! The basil taste just overwhelmed everything else.