We modified this from a Kraft recipe.
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups frozen vegetable blend (ours had beans, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, corn and broccoli, I think)
- 1 cup water (we used 1 1/2 cup, as per the direction on the frozen vegetable package)
- 1 packet of Stove Top Mixing for Chicken
- 1/2 cup mix of shredded Mozzarella and cheddar cheese
1. Cook chicken until done. (We cut the chicken into smaller pieces instead of cooking them as full breasts as in the original recipe.) Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
2. Add vegetables and water to skillet. Bring to boil. (We also simmered it after this point, as per the package directions, before bringing it back up to a boil). Stir in stuffing and mix until just moistened.
3. Add chicken back to skillet. Top with cheese and cook over low heat until cheese has melted.
Verdict: This was a very simple and good supper. I probably would add more cheese, because I don’t think there was enough to have a satistfyingly cheesy taste (though I love cheese, so I may be biased).