I think I found this recipe online, but I can’t seem to find it anymore.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omitted as we use salted butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 14 ounces of Raisinets (we 1 1/2 cups, the whole amount was just too much for the amount of batter. Even the amount we used seemed like a lot)
- 1 3/4 cup oats, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9 inch pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (if using) in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add in flour mixture. Add in Raisinets and 1 1/2 cup of the oats. Spread into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with remaining oats.
4. Bake 18-20 minutes (we baked ours almost 25 and I still think it could have baked longer).
Verdict: These were delicious cookie bars. They are a tasty combination of oatmeal raisin and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Ours came out pretty raw in the centre, even after we put it back in to bake some more. But after letting them sit overnight (minus the first couple of bars lost to tasting purposes) they set pretty nicely with a gooey centre that we loved.