I am pretty sure I found this recipe from Canadian Living.
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg white (we used 1 egg)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot (we only had powdered ginger)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g ground chicken
- Buns and desired garnishes for burgers
1. Shred carrot (should make 1/2 cup). Squeeze out liquid.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg.
3. In a large bowl, mix together beaten egg, carrot, onion, garlic, panko, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar and sesame oil. Mix in chicken. Shape into 6 1/2 thick patties.
4. Grill for 15 min, turning once. Serve garnished as desired.
Verdict: I liked the taste of these but overall I found them to be a little dry.