This is a Kraft recipe.
- 4 large Granny Smith apples (we used 6 medium ones) peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup margarine (we used butter)
- 10 Peek Freans Lifestyle shortbread cookies, crushed into crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Toss apples with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Spoon into 9 inch square baking dish.
2. Combine oats, remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in margarine (or butter) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cookie crumbs. Spoon over apples.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes until apples are tender.
Verdict: This recipe got mixed reviews. I liked it and thought the cookie crumbs added an interesting flavor to the crisp, but my sister was not a fan of the taste (odd, since she really loves the cookies used for the crumbs).