I am not sure where I found this recipe. It may have been in one of the French language newspapers they hand out for free here.
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup apples, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375F and prepare baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, beat together he brown sugar, butter, milk, egg and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg.
4. Add the oats, apples and raisins.
5. Drop onto cookie sheets (the original recipe said it made 24 and that is what we made, albeit in Halloween themed shapes). Bake 15 min (ours were ready after 10).
Verdict: These were really tasty. The flavours worked together really nicely, without one of them overpowering the others (except for the rare cookie that had too much nutmeg).