I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 6 Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits, from a can of 8 (they don’t sell these around here, but we used a can of 5 Pillsbury dinner rolls)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of cooked broccoli florets, cut up
- 1/2 cup of cooked sausage, cut up
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut each of the 6 biscuits into 8 triangles and place into a muffin tin (we split our dinner rolls into 2 pieces each and used a large muffin tin. We also baked ours first). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Split broccoli and sausage evenly amongst the biscuits.
4. Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour evenly over each biscuit. Top each with cheese.
5. Bake 28-32 minutes until egg is set (and biscuit is done if they aren’t pre-cooked) and cheese is golden.
Verdict: These were very tasty. We made them larger than the original recipe called for, I think, because of how we had to modify based on what we had at hand. But it was like a little breakfast in a muffin form. Yummy.