I think I found this recipe online originally, but I’m not sure where.
- 10 whole Graham Crackers, broken in half (20 squares)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 squares of unsweetened Baker’s chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (we just sprinkled marshmallows over the top until we felt there was enough, so I don’t know how much we used)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (same as above)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil. Grease foil. Line the bottom of the pan with 15 Graham squares. Break remaining 5 squares into pieces and set aside.
2. (The original recipe says to microwave the butter and chocolate to melt it, but we melted it in a bowl set over a pot of hot water.) Stir in sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Add flour. Spread over the Graham square level in the baking pan.
3. Bake 30 to 32 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out with fudgy crumbs. (There’s a warning not to overbake, but ours needed almost 40 minutes to reach this stage.)
4. Sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips evenly over top. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff. Remove from oven and press Graham pieces into marshmallows. Cool before cutting.
Verdict: These were very good. The brownies themselves were rich, but I liked the smore aspect of them as well. The definitely needed to cool a little longer than we gave them. They were probably the best the day after baking.