I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1 box of Devil’s Food cake
- 1 small box of chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup of your favourite jam (we used raspberry), warmed in microwave until melted (we didn’t do this as we weren’t really sure why we would need to. I think our cupcakes turned out just fine with the jam being used straight from the fridge)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for dusting (we didn’t use)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and sour cream; batter will be very thick. Fill muffin cups halfway and bake 12 min.
3. Meanwhile, mix together flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Cut in butter until crumbly looking (right away we knew this was way too much crumb topping. We should have halved the recipe).
4. After the 12 minutes of baking, remove muffins from oven. Spoon jam over tops of each and then sprinkle with the crumb topping. Bake another 15 min.
5. Let cook and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Verdict: These cupcakes were very tasty – though chocolate and raspberry are a pretty common combination. It was such an easy way to get a jam filled cupcake. (Full disclosure, my sister did not like them as she thought they had a strange after taste to them.)