I found this recipe on the back of a box of Minute Rice.
- 2 1/2 pounds of chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 1/4 ounce can of pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 1 scallion, sliced (we didn’t use this as it was just garnish)
1. Mix together flour, pepper, nutmeg and paprika. Coat chicken pieces in the mixture and brown well in a skillet with the melted butter.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juices (we used all of it).
3. Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Reduce heat and let simmer until chicken is cooked.
4. Add pineapple pieces, water and salt. Bring to boil and stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 min. Garnish with scallion, if using.
Verdict: This was an easy and delicious recipe. The pineapple brought sweetness, but it wasn’t too much. The chicken had a nice flavour in the coating.