I think this was a Food Network recipe, though we didn’t make the glaze that came with it, instead serving it with ice cream.
- 1/2 cup butter plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we didn’t use because our butter is salted)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13×9 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla. Fold in apples. Pour into prepared baking sheet.
4. Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over cake and bake until golden and set, 35-40 min (ours needed almost an hour). Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min.
Verdict: This was a very taste cake. I maybe would have added some more apples to it, because I think they were what was giving the cake the bulk of its taste.