This is another recipe that I found online but can no longer remember where.
- 3 cups frozen broccoli, thawed (we used fresh, so we blanched them before using them)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup parsley (we used only a couple of tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the almonds, mixing well. Pour into the prepared dish and cover.
3. Bake for 35 min. Stir, recover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or orzo is tender.
Verdict: This was my first try and cooking (and eating) orzo and I have to admit I wasn’t a fan. I get that orzo is a rice shape pasta but I felt like I either would have preferred actual rice or a different pasta in this dish. The dish was also very bland.