This is another recipe that I can’t remember where I found anymore.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of 35% cream
- 2 or 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A little butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 375g cooked ham
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a 13×9 oven dish.
2. In a large saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to boil except the ham and the cheese. Stir regularly while cooking for 3 min. Remove from heat.
3. Place a third of the potato mixture on the bottom of the oven dish. Top with half the ham. Place another third of the potato mixture on that, topping with remaining ham, last third of the potato mixture and ending with the cheese.
4. Bake 30 min or until cheese is golden and potatoes are done.
Verdict: I really liked this recipe. I liked the taste of the potatoes; I had never thought to boil them in cream before. I sometimes find that nutmeg can overpower a dish, but it didn’t here. Delicious!