I am pretty sure I found this recipe online somewhere, though I can’t remember where.
- 2 cups noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 onion, chopped
1. Cook noodles as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink in centre. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
3. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt and flour.
4. In skillet, heat the broth, thyme, paprika and onion until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir in yogurt mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; do not let boil. Add chicken to the sauce and stir. Cook 1 minute longer. Serve with chicken and sauce over noodles.
Verdict: I wish there had been more sauce. Maybe we made too many noodles or maybe it was just the recipe, but there definitely wasn’t enough sauce for the noodles. I also wish we had omitted the onions, because they were still kind of raw tasting.