This is a Kraft recipe.
- 2lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
1. Boil potatoes 20 min or until tender. Drain and return to pot.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Add butter and sour cream to potatoes. Mash until smooth. Spoon half into an oven dish. Cover with cheese (we added the bacon bits to the centre as well) and remaining potatoes.
4. Bake 30 to 35 min or until heated through.
Verdict: I have to admit that I am not a fan of mashed potatoes. There is something about their texture that I just don’t like. I had hoped that with the cheese and bacon (of which I am a fan) as well as baking them afterwards would help change the texture, but they still tasted like a cheesy, bacon-y mashed potato. Which I guess is good if you like mashed potatoes.