I found this recipe online, but I do not remember where.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Icing sugar
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
1. Beat eggs. Add sugar gradually. Add water.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add egg mixture slowly. Add vanilla.
3. Pour into a parchment paper lined jelly roll pan. Bake in a 425F oven for 12-15 min.
4. Turn out onto a towel sprinkled with icing sugar. Trim any crisp edges. Roll up in towel and coll.
5. Unroll and spread with vanilla ice cream, softened enough to spread. Roll up quickly, wrap in foil and freeze until ready to serve.
Verdict: I don’t think we put enough ice cream in this cake, so that was disappointing. I don’t know if we didn’t use enough because of bad measuring or if it melted too much. The cake was delicious the first time, but it didn’t really hold up for the week it took for the last piece to be eaten.