This is a Kraft recipe.
- 28 Oreo cookies divided (they say to use 20 for the base, but we used 27, as we thought 20 wasn’t enough. The other 8 are for topping and we left that up to the person eating the square to decide if they wanted one or not)
- 1 tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream (I was honestly picturing a green ice cream here, especially given the recipe’s name, but none of the stores in our area had any. Is this a hard item to buy in Canada or was it just bad luck on our part? We ended up with a vanilla ice cream that contained mint chocolate pieces)
- 3 cups thawed whipped cream topping
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate square
1. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil. Crush 20 (or 27) cookies and sprinkle across bottom.
2. Spread ice cream over cookie base. Top with whipped cream. Grate chocolate over top.
3. Freeze 3 hours. If desired, top with half an Oreo (chocolate syrup is also tastes good with this recipe).
Verdict: This was a pretty easy recipe to make and it is so customizable. Pretty much any flavour of ice cream and any cookie would work well together. Perfect for a hot summer day!