I found this recipe in the French newspaper Metro.
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1/2 cup sake
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 piece of ginger, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
1. Mix together the honey, soya sauce, sake, garlic and ginger.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in the honey marinade mixture. Ensure the chicken is covered. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
3. Remove chicken from the fridge and marinade. Skewer them on wooden or metal sticks.
4. Cook on barbecue for 4-5 minutes (we did this, but there you can also cook them in the oven at 350F for 30 min, turning halfway through).
Verdict: These were really tasty. You could taste the sake and ginger in every bite. I don’t think I really tasted the honey. I have had Yakitori chicken at Japanese restaurants before and while this didn’t really taste like them, they were still delicious. I would probably use a little less soya sauce in the future, maybe exclude the last 4 teaspoons. Overall, this was a really easy recipe to make.