I am not sure where I found this recipe.
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in 2
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each of basil and oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 370ml can of evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the noodles.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in big skillet. Cook the tomatoes, onion and garlic until tender, about 5 min. Add the basil, oregano and flour. Continue to cook while stirring, 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk. Bring to boil and cook 5 min. Add the chicken and let simmer, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the cooked noodles, Parmesan and mozzarella. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Verdict: In dishes like these, the main thing that needs to be right for me to enjoy the dish is the sauce. Unfortunately, the sauce was not a success in my mind in this dish. It didn’t have a rich enough tomato taste, it wasn’t creamy or cheesy enough; it was just bland.