I think I found this recipe online, but I am no longer sure where.
- 4 large plum tomatoes (we used 8 cherry tomatoes)
- 9 eggs (we used 7)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. (If you are using 4 large plum tomatoes, seed and chop 3 and thinly slice the fourth. Because my sister doesn’t like tomatoes, we only added them in at the end to some of the frittatas.) Butter a muffin pan (we used a large muffin pan instead of the regular sized muffins.) In a bowl, whisk eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cheese, onions, chopped tomatoes (we didn’t) and pepperoni.
3. Pour equal amounts of egg mixture into prepared muffin tin. Top each frittata with a tomato slice (we didn’t, but at this point we added the chopped onion to 4 of the six large muffin tins). Bake 2 to 30 min (because ours were larger they needed closer to 40 min).
Verdict: These were a very tasty side dish. I am not completely sure I liked the pepperoni and egg taste together and I wish it had been a little cheesier tasting, but still good.