This is a Kraft recipe.
- 4 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 645ml pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup cream cheese spread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped basil (I only used a tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed. Drain when ready.
2. Meanwhile, brown beef in skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and simmer on medium heat for 2 min, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk cream cheese spread, milk and Parmesan together in a large bowl. Add pasta and basil and stir gently until pasta is evenly coated.
4. Spread half the meat sauce onto the bottom of a 13×9 inch oven dish. Cover with all of the pasta mixture and then top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
5. Cover with foil. Bake at 375F for 20 min, uncover and bake another 10 min.
Verdict: I am not a fan of cream cheese but I do try it in dishes like these, where I hope that mixed up with everything it won’t ruin a dish for me. This recipe is delicious! It’s creamy and cheesy and everything that I love about pasta dishes. It holds up well to being frozen and reheated as leftovers as well!