I am not sure where I found this recipe. It seems similar to a few other recipes I’ve seen online, but my version is a little different.
- 23 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows (we only had the large ones, so we chopped them into quarters)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Blend cookie crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 cup of mixture in the bottom of an oven dish (we used a 13×9 inch dish instead of the 9×9 the recipe called for, which was a mistake. We ended up using all of the crumbs in the bottom and still found the base to be a little thin).
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, marshmallows and walnuts. Top with remaining crumbs. (We broke up a couple more Oreo cookies for this). Cover with sweetened condensed milk. Bake for 30 min.
Verdict: These were delicious! I would probably make it in a smaller pan next time so the base isn’t as thin as it was here, and I am interested to see what it would taste like with peanuts or white chocolate like some of the variations I saw, but still gooey and chocolate-y and just delicious.