I found this recipe in the French language Metro newspaper.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups grated cheese (we used aged cheddar)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
1. Mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese.
2. In another bowl, mix the egg, oil and milk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
4. Pour into muffin moulds (we made 12 large muffins).
5. Bake at 400F for 20-30 min (our tooks closer to 40 because we made them a little bigger than normal sized muffins).
Verdict: I was somehow expecting this recipe to be more savoury than sweet, so I was disappointed by how sweet it tasted. It also had no cheese flavour.