I can’t remember where I originally found this recipe.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (we didn’t use)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 90g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat the sugar gently in a small saucepan until the sugar melts and caramelizes. When the sugar changes colour, take it off the burner and swirl it around. Add the water at arms length to avoid splashing.
2. Cream the butter. Add in the brown sugar. Gradually add in the eggs. Add the caramel.
3. Add flour and salt (if using). Gently fold in walnuts and chocolate.
4. Turn mixture out into a baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F.
Verdict: This was a delicious gooey blondie. I guess because of the whole caramelization of the sugar I was expecting it to have a more caramel flavour to it, but I didn’t taste much caramel.