I found this recipe in the French language newspaper Metro. Recipe makes 2 pies.
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 370ml can of carnation milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (we used vanilla)
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced (we used 3 apples between the 2 pies)
- Cinnamon to taste
1. Place the two pie crusts in two pie dishes and bake at 400F for 10 min.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, flour, eggs, carnation milk and almond/vanilla extract until homogenous.
3. Place apples so that the cover the base of each pie crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Pour the brown sugar mixture evenly over the apples in both pies.
5. Bake at 350F for 35 min.
Verdict: More of a sugar pie with apples than an apple pie, but it was delicious. The sugar mixture wasn’t too sweet and it had a nice silky texture.